Sunday, January 25, 2009

One Ad Series I Could Do Without: Wendy's THREEconomics




Let me start by saying I don't have a fucking clue what a company does when it wants to run a new ad. I think that maybe they hire an ad agency? And then they make the ad? Or the agency does? Either way, I have been watching a lot of television recently and I am certain of a few things. Someone important at Wendy's is either retarded, or was asleep at a meeting when the most recent series of ads got the green light. We all know what I am talking about here, THREEconomics.


If you haven't seen the ads, consider yourself fortunate. I don't feel like describing them and to be honest, I searched the internet for half an hour earlier but I couldn't find one. How is that possible? A girl named Wendy has her wedding video on youtube, but I cant find one of the 5 commercials that each air 43 times a day? Its almost like they knew someone would write a blog about how bad their commericals are and didn't want to provide a link. Damage control. A tip of the cap, Wendy's




Anyways, how can a company spend millions of dollars on a group of commercials which are so incredibly annoying? Did they test market them? To people who spoke english? They have an Asian guy in them, with a bowl cut, and they still aren't funny. Asian guy with a bowl cut? You cant miss there. Just show him, no words- and then cut to the Wendy's logo. I would be dying. I want to laugh at the commericals anyways but the incessantly annoying dialogue keeps getting in the way.


I seriously wonder what marketing mastermind put these commercials together. Maybe the "priceless" guy? Maybe the Nike Swoosh and "Just do it." guy? Or was it, perhaps, this lady...



Wendy's, for christ sake, cut your losses. Move on and chalk it up in the 'L' column right under: 'didnt think of monopoly first,' and 'woman finds human finger in chilli.'



1 comment:

  1. the pale dude was in Dark Knight as a giggly henchman to the Joker

    ReplyDelete